Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Day 9 - April 10, 2007

I felt tired today and after spending a little time fussing with my painting I realized that I hadn't taken a day off. After lunch I relaxed with some art books and magazines and went for a run at Sweet Briar. After dinner I walked down the drive with a few of the fellows. Canyon and I continued along the woods trail and spent quite a long time in the mustard field watching the sky
work its way through a variety of deep blues. Just as it turned indigo Venus appeared followed by a multitude of stars.

When we were done stargazing, Canyon gave me a tour of her writing studio. It is lovely and cozy. It was fun to see some photos of her Tibetan friends and women who she is writing about.

The most wonderful thing about being here is that no matter what it is that I am doing I can stay focused on my work, I don't have to switch gears to move into a different part of my life. Even when things aren't going well I can let the ugly images spin around in my head until I come up with a solution. There is a lot of stimulus, inspiring scenery, intelligent and creative people,
libraries full of books, magazines, papers and film. In the studio late tonight I was able make some creative decisions about my work. I went to bed with a plan and looking forward to my next work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment