Thursday, April 26, 2007

Day 25 - April 26, 2007

It was much cooler when I woke this morning and a good thing it was as Anthony and I went for a run. I'm a poor runner when it is hot and humid.

Today I am working on my paintings on paper and clearing the studio a bit for my open studio this afternoon. I've made space so that people can get back from the work, two of my paintings are quite large, the diptych covering an entire wall. Cora and Dorothy stopped by at lunch as they leave early. Cora looks after the studios and makes sure that we have all necessary equipment and Dorothy makes our rooms clean and comfortable. They are lovely and I'm going to miss them as well as everyone else who work here. The VCCA employees make life easy for us so that we are able to fully immerse ourselves in our creative endeavours. I haven't cooked a meal for 5 weeks!

This evening Richard Wollman will read some of his poetry and Ann LeClair will read from her book Silence. My day in a nutshell; paint until early afternoon, host an open studio with wine and snacks, followed by dinner with great company and readings afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment