Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Day 20 & 21 - April 21 to 22, 2007

I have gotten behind on writing as I am into my final week here and don't want to waste a minute. I've accomplished a lot but have much more to do before I leave. There are final week details to cover such as thank you notes, an open studio, collecting contact information so that I can stay in touch with the other fellows, shipping arrangements and I still haven't watched Rodney's film.

I'm spending long hours in the studio and it has been blissful. I painted some lovely clouds and then was inspired to cover them with drippy washes of paint. It was exciting and I like the effect. The weather has gotten quite warm here so one lovely afternoon I parked myself on the grass and did a painting of one of the grand old trees. I've also done some small washy pieces out of doors. When I return to the VCCA I'll plan to spend some time painting plein air as the wonderful trees, colourful rolling hills and Constable skies are perfect subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment