Saturday, April 21, 2007

Day 19 - April 20, 2007

Today Tom Batt, Curator of Exhibitions at The Academy of Fine Arts in Lynchburg toured the visual arts studios. He and Will Holub, the resident artist here who arranged the visit had positive reactions to what I have created here so far. I don't know if anything will come of the visit but I enjoyed the opportunity to talk with them about my work.

I've completed my diptych and today stretched and gessoed a new piece of canvas to the wall (not so big this time). While it was drying I parked myself on the lawn and did a loose graphite and acrylic sketch of one of the amazing trees here. It was a beautiful day today and is still in the mid-fifties tonight. It is supposed to get up to 78F by Sunday!

Canyon is leaving tomorrow so she, Jan and myself went to a highly recommended restaurant in Lynchburg called Dish. It was delicious, I think that I enjoyed it as much as our local Ocean 617. They had Maytag Blue cheese on the menu. I brought one home as I thought that it would be fun to give it to Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment